Saturday, September 04, 2004

Working for a month

Today or rather a few days ago, Thursday and Friday, was my first time working outside of the home in almost 3 years. It was actually not as bad as I thought it would be because the days seemed to pass rather quickly. I did not realize how much I missed my children until I'd been separated from them for more than a few hours. It was like they'd gone on an extended holiday without me. Altho I'll only be working for a month, at present it seems like an eternity.

My 3 year hiatus from the "matrix" has taught me the value of not being caught up in the so called "going to college, pursuing a career, being totally driven, my life is work" attitude. To honestly tell the truth I could give a rats azz about a dayum career and the pursuits of a so called "education". If someone would have told me this about 10 years ago, or even 4 years ago there would have been a huge fight. . . . . baby crying, gotta go. . . . . Okay baby is in now in tow and bouncy and bubbly. (of course my previous train of thought may as well have never existed, cuz I dayum sure can't remember it.)

Babies and hubby, this is the life, it really is. I can not lie and say that I miss my so called career as an educator or even my pursuit of higher education in order to educate others. It's all a part of living in the "matrix". The only knowledge I wish to recieve now is for purely intellectual purposes and because I actually enjoy the academic environment and learning for the sake of learning and not how I think learning may benefit me monetarily or how it may look on a c.v.

The past few days I have worked outside of my home made me realize the my family and their well being really is my first and only priority. I would not have it any other way. I do not see it as a sacrific but as a privledge and honor. My children are the future leaders and who am I to deny them their reign because I'm too busy pursuing a "career" that after years of service my only reward would be retirement and a feeling of being "put out to pasture." Ha! I don't think so!

I know I'll be glad when this month if over. I do appreciate the reflective time working has given me and the realization that I have made the right choice to raise my children at home and not have them be shuffled off to one day care or another. I appreciate my hubby who opened my eyes to a different way of life and the realization that working doesn't necessarily mean
working, because working for some else is not the only way to earn a living or make money. As long as we have money then I know we are okay. Actually even if we don't have money, I know we are all still okay. That's the key to thinking outside of the box, not worrying about something none of us have any control over, like from whom our next pay check is gonna come. To tell the truth if the goverment shut down right now today, there would be a lot of crazed people out in the streets. People just wouldn't know what to do outside of the "matrix". . . . . . . hhmmmmm.

Seeing that's it's like Sahara Desert hot today and we all melting like ice in hot water, I'll retire to a much more cooler space in the house. Not to mention I got hot and cranky babies needing time infront of the fan. Duty calls once again.


My first day getting ready for work. Posted by Hello


And of course hubby took the picture lol

2 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, September 04, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And as the Missus Aly Cat begins work... I as her Husband begins the homemaker duties...

    Uh oh...

    The last two days have been interesting because I still had some web design work outstanding. Trying to manage that with our 27 month old and our 5 month old is an art that I've yet to perfect.

    The first day was all military dictatorship, the kind that I tried to repent from when I had my cousins Darren and Devon living with me for a few years in the early to mid 1990s. Unlike them, who hadn't really figured my crazy butt out, the Daughters of Destiny already know that their father is such a Daddy.

    I surprisingly got alot of work done. A 100 page site designed. I was like.. "WOW!! You go man!"

    Well.... I appreciate Aly Cat for this journey. I'll be here right at her side for it's duration.

    Maybe Sista will let me edit her Blog stylesheets.

    *soft kisses*

    — Hubby aka MatrixBuster

     
  • At 6:58 AM, September 05, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Once again, Aly you speak the truth. These are my sentiments Exactly.

    Okay, you know I am in my little home office space chuckling at "safari hot".

    Peace and Light,
    Mi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home